Your Personal Information and Privacy
Convey Connect collects personal information from you through your use of its website, from members of the public through surveys, promotional material and membership forms. We also collect information from our advertisers and mailing lists.
Collecting your Personal Information
Convey Connect usually collects personal information directly from an individual when an individual communicates with us either in person, over the phone or through your use of the conveyconnect.com.au website. Most of the information we collect is obtain through your registration with the website and includes information such as your name, address, business address, address of the property you are buying or selling, your contact details including email and phone contact numbers, your financial information including credit card and bank account details, income and financial provider details.
You may provide information to us through a variety of difference ways including over the phone, via email, responding to a survey or to a third party advertiser on the Convey Connect website.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as:
- third party referrals;
- through reports from professionals in connection with the provision of our services; or
- publicly available sources.
Convey Connect is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected by complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
We track traffic patterns throughout our website.
We use “cookies” on our website. A “cookie” is a small amount of information which is transferred to the hard drive of your computer and which can identify your web browser but not you. A cookie can collect and store information, but cannot interfere with your computer.
Our internet service provider will record and advise us of your service address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and the information downloaded.
Convey Connect may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about you as a user and provide focused advertising that Convey Connect considers may be of interest to you.
If you want, you can disable your web browser from accepting cookies. If you do so, you can still access our website, but not all services may be available.
Use and Disclosure of Information Collected by Us
We collect and use personal information for our business purposes. The main purposes for which we collect and use information are:
- personalise your use of the conveyconnect.com.au website
- in respect of our website, to respond to any requests made and for statistical, web development and internal purposes
- to communicate with you via email or SMS or telephone
- for our own internal, relationship and marketing purposes
- for a related purpose, where the individual concerned would reasonably expect us
- to use it for that related purpose.
We may disclose personal information for the above purposes to third parties such as:
- A service company or third party advertiser
- Service providers, agents or contractors of Convey Connect
We only disclose personal information:
- with the consent of the individual concerned;
- as otherwise permitted by the APPs; or
- as required or permitted by law or court or tribunal order.
Integrity of Personal Information
We store personal information securely through computer storage and paper-based files. We protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by various means including passwords, secure servers, firewalls and data encryption.
Convey Connect may retain any personal information you provide during your use of the website, including but not limited to, copies of identification documents and registration forms for a period of 12 months after your last access to the website. After 12 months Convey Connect will delete, on your request, personal information we hold about you on our server, files and databases unless we are required to retain that information by law.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
If you wish to:
- seek access or correction of any personal information which we hold about you;
- request removal of your name from our marketing distribution lists; or
- get more information about the way we manage the personal information we hold please contact us.
If we do not agree to provide access to you to your personal information or to amend or annotate the information we hold about you, you may seek a review of our decision. Please see below.
If we do not agree to make the requested changes to your personal information, you may make a statement about the requested changes and we will attach the statement to your record.
If you have a complaint about a breach of the APPs by us in relation to your personal information, please contact us in writing, either by email or mail – see the relevant details in the Contact Us section below.
Complaints will be reviewed by us and a response will usually be provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint by us.